Grant Writing and Grant Prospect Research Services
Lydia Howie is a seasoned guest speaker on grant writing and marketing. Some topics she can speak on include:
* The Basics of Grant Writing (writing a foundation proposal)
* Grant Writing Strategies for Success (tips to increase your liklihood of getting funded)
* Grant researching (including dozens of grant sources)
* Grant vetting
* Maximizing your options with online applications
* Starting your own consulting business
Here is what they are saying about Lydia:
"Wow. With unbelievable TLC, the presenters curated exemplar grantwriting consultant websites. They organized their presentation by topic -- and for each topic, gave multiple websites that are exemplary. I will definitely be referring to their presentation powerpoint for ideas and guidance."
"I find it's infrequent that a basic how to research/vet grants class/webinar has enough detail in it to teach me something substantive. Most are too general, broad, and basic. But this webinar was outstanding. The presenter was generous with her knowledge and has such in-depth knowledge to teach seasoned grant professionals some tricks of the trade. Even with my experience, I learned something. I like that! I have recommended it to our local Indy chapter to let our members know about it so they can register for it." Thanks, Nina
"The presenter was dynamic and kept my attention. Thank you!"
"Lydia...wow...this PP is packed with great information. So kind and gracious of you to share it with us. Thank you." Lori
"Lydia, Very nice GPA presentation! The assistant in our Financial Development office is excited to start helping me with grant research, and this webinar is a great resource." Tiffany
"That was a fantastic presentation. It was really clear you'd put a lot of work into it. For me, it's a keeper -- I will definitely be referring to it over the next year and beyond." Deborah
"I wanted to thank you both for the great session today. It was obvious you did a lot of work to put that together. You provided such valuable information, and gave me the motivation I need to get going networking again. It definitely was one of the best sessions I attended at the conference!" Elly
Some recent speaking engagements include: .
* Marketing Your Grant Consulting Business - GPA Central Texas Funders Forum - October 2021
* Grant Prospect Research - Grant Professionals of Lower Hudson - June 2021
* Marketing Your Grant Consulting Business - GPA National Conference - November 2020
* Pet Peeves of Funders - GPA Central Texas Funders Forum - October 2020
* Pet Peeves of Funders - GPA Great Lakes Meeting - May 2020
* Nobody Puts the Grant Writer in the Corner - Choice Words Conference - January 2020
* Pet Peeves of Funders - GPA National Conference - November 2019
* Lets Learn From Our Mistakes - Grant Professionals of Lower Hudson - December 2018
* Grant Writing 101 - Hudson to Housatonic workshop - November 2018
* Pet Peeves of Funders - Grant Professional Association's 2018 Conference - November 2018
* Grant Seeking: Finding Me the Money - Westchester County Youth Bureau - September 2018
* Grant Seeking: Finding Me the Money - NYS Assemblywoman Ellen Jaffee (District 97)'s Grants Opportunity Workshop - May 2018
* Maximizing Foundation, Corporate and Government Support in a Changing Landscape - United Way of Westchester and Putnam - May 2018
* Grant Writing 101: The Basics of Writing a Grant Submission and Grant Writing 102: Grant Writing Strategies for Success - Grant Profession Association's Capital District Chapter - April 2018
* Vetting for Success: Grant Seeking Skills - Grant Professional Association webinar - March 2018 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLku_OpMsSs
* Vetting for Success: Grant Seeking Skills - Grant Professional Association's 2017 Conference - November 2017
* Grant Seeking: Find Me the Money - Mahopac Chamber of Commerce's Nonprofit Symposium on Grants - March, 2017
* Grant Seeking: Find Me the Money - Association of Development Officers & Grant Professionals of Lower Hudson's Monthy Workshop - January 2017
* Sub-contracting: From A to Z - Grant Professional Association's 2016 Conference - November 2016
* Grant Consultants: Subcontractors - Grant Professionals Association NJ Chapter's 2016 Mid Atlantic Fall Grants Symposium - October 2016
* Grant Seeking: Show Me the Money - New York State Recreation and Park Society"s 2015 Downstate Conference
* Don't Fit a Size 10 Foot Into a Size 5 Shoe: How to Avoid Mission Drift and Apply for Appropriate Funding Opportunities - United Way of Westchester and Putnam and Westchester Community Foundation's 2015 Summit
* Get Smart About Writing Grants - Center for Educational Leadership and the Hudson River Teacher's Center at Putnam BOCES
* Grant Seeking Resources - Grant Professionals of Lower Hudson
* Everything you Needed to Know About Registering with the NYS Charities Bureau and GPC (Grant Professionals Certification) - Grant Professionals of Lower Hudson
Teaching assignments have included: .
* Adjunct Professor, Pace University - Taught undergraduate classes in advertising, public relations and direct mail.
* Lecturer, Association of Development Officers and SUNY Purchase's Fundraising and Board Development Certificate Program - Taught grant writing and grants research.